Hot water is a vital element of most modern homes. We use it for washing dishes, washing clothes, bathing, hand washing, and more. So, what happens when the hot water stops flowing? Before you call a plumber for water heater repair in Kansas City, spend a little time trying to diagnose the problem yourself. No one wants to pay for plumbing services in Kansas City if the problem can be resolved by resetting a circuit breaker or turning on the gas.
Hot Water System Checklist:
- Is your water heater turned on?
- Is the electrical connection for your water heater turned on?
- Is your natural gas-powered water heater supplied with gas?
- Is your water heater adjusted to the proper temperature?
- Do you have a broken pipe or a leaky connection in your hot water plumbing?
- Has there been a high demand for hot water in the last 1-2 hours? (Give the heater time to heat the water in the tank again.)
- Have you completed your water heater’s required maintenance in the last twelve months? (This can help prevent the need for water heater repair in Kansas City.)
- Has your water heater been gradually producing less hot water?
- Is there hot water at the other faucets or showers in your home?
- Does your home have more than one water heater? Is the water heater you need turned on?
- Is your shower valve or faucet working correctly?
- Do you have a filter on the inlet of your water heater? Is it clogged?
- Is your water heater’s pilot light on?
- Have you tried turning your water heater off and turning it back on again?
- Have you tried turning the breaker off and back on again?
- Is it colder than usual outside? (You may need to adjust the thermostat)
- Do you have unusually low water pressure? (This is especially problematic for tankless water heaters)
- Does your water heater have a timer? Are you expecting hot water when the timer has the heater turned off? Is the timer working?
- Have you recently had plumbing services in Kansas City? Was your system repaired properly?
- Is the water supply to your hot water system turned on?
- Is it possible you have a frozen or broken pipe?
If this didn’t fix your hot water problem, or if you don’t feel comfortable working on your water heater, don’t worry. The best residential plumbers in Kansas City do water heater repair every day and can help you restore your hot water fast.
Do You Need Plumbing Services in Kansas City? Call Mac Wilson Plumbing!
At Mac Wilson Plumbing, our team of professional, licensed technicians can resolve any water heater issue you might have. If you need the best sump pump repair company in Kansas City and the best sewer replacement company in Kansas City, we can help with that too!